dental news for dentists from the best minds in dentistry today header image 2

What lens should I use for recreational photography?

June 22nd, 2005 · No Comments

For taking portraits, either indoors or out, what lens are you using and for the outdoors, are you using a flash, and if so, the flash on the camera or a higher power one?
You can use the 100 mm macro that you use for intra oral shots, but you will lack zoom versatility. I have a 28-200mm lens I use for recreation. A 28-70mm would be ideal for outdoor portraits.

Lighting for outdoor portraits is a complex, but fun topic. The sun will cast shadows across the face. Sometimes these can be desirable. Usually I try to eliminate them. This can be done with the onboard flash, slave flashes, diffusers that diffuse the light or reflectors that reflect the sun on the face to fill shadows.

Tags: Cosmetic Dentistry · Digital Photography · Imaging · Technology · Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

  • There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.

Leave a Comment